Eighth Division Memorial Avenue
Gunnedah NSW 2380
The Eighth Division Memorial Avenue was established in 1957 in memory of those fallen of the Eighth Division and supporting forces from 1939‐1945. As far as known, this Avenue is the only memorial of its type to the Eighth Division in Australia.
The Avenue is lined with flowering gums, with a commemorative plaque at the base of each tree. It also features a two‐tiered concrete platform with a flagpole attached, with inscriptions on both the top and bottom, and a brass military badge at the top.